Friday, December 12, 2014

Animal Rights

My opinion on animal rights may not be that popular but here it goes. I love meat. I love bacon. I love steak. I love sushi so I love fish. I love meat lovers pizza. That being said I have also watched Food Inc. For those of you out there who haven't watched Food Inc. I would suggest watching this short trailer so you understand what I am talking about.

That's just a short scene from the whole movie. The way big food companies treat the animals they're growing isn't just harmful to the animal but also to us the consumers. This is in no way right for the animal to be fed something not in its diet which causes the need for a hole to be placed in to remove what can't be digested. This isn't the only animal they do this with. Chickens are given hormones to make them grow faster and it makes them grow so fast that they can't stand up because they are so top heavy.
Of course animal rights aren't just about the animals we grow to harvest but also animals we have found to be smart. We have laws in place to protect animals that we find to be smarter then others. Should we be the ones who chooses who lives and dies? I'm not sure but those laws do a lot to protect a lot of animals and there rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment