Thursday, December 11, 2014

Abortion


For me abortion is not a simple issue. As I am in fact a male and being a male I cannot get pregnant. Unless of course I was a sea horse but then again this would be a completely different issue. Because I cannot in fact get a pregnant the problem of having to carry a child around does not affect me. I have seen it happen a few times where two people are in school and one gets pregnant and is forced to drop out but the male is allowed to continue. I believe that it is the female’s choice on whether or not to keep the baby. I feel that I cannot force someone else to change everything about their lives because we both messed up. The woman is the one who must carry the child, give birth to the child, and afterwards take care of the child. While I believe in this I do not in fact believe that the male should have to pay child support if the woman decides to keep the baby. While is takes two to tango the woman has the choice on whether she wants to take on the commitment of a child and the male does not. This means that at any time even if the male wants the child she can terminate the pregnancy in her own right. At the same time if the male doesn't want the child but the female does he cannot force her into abortion but he can be forced to pay the consequences. Saying that I do not believe the male has the right to after 10 years of having children decide he doesn't want them anymore and not pay child support. That's not how parenting works. I bet there are plenty of times in a child's life the parents have just wanted to give them back to the hospital and make them take care of the child. Abortion is a tough issue and there is no right or wrong answer everyone has a different opinion. This is just mine it is neither right nor wrong it just is.   

2 comments:

  1. I do think that it is a female's choice on whether or not to keep the baby. However I think abortion should be illegal. I believe that a fetus is considered a person and that abortion is "killing" the fetus. If the female does not want to raise the baby, then why not put it up for adoption rather than killing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to read about abortion from a male's point of view, because since I am female, it is hard to see if from their side. Like you said, a male cannot carry a child, and I think you are right when it comes to the woman deciding whether to keep the baby or not. A man can't force a woman to keep or terminate a child. However, the child support issue can be confusing. I think that child support should be provided if both parties have agreed not to terminate, even if the couple ends up not being together. But I do agree that if the male did not want the child, he should not have to pay child support because it was an area of disagreement, and that is not that man's fault. I think you have a lot of good points and I have a little more respect for men who view abortion this way.

    ReplyDelete